Requirements for A+ Program:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
- Have attended an A+ school full-time for two years prior to graduation.
- Graduate from an A+ designated high school.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale over four years.
- Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
- Perform a total of 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring (helping) of younger prior to graduation of which up to 25% may include job shadowing.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship while in high school.
- Avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol while in grades 9-12.
- Apply for non-pay back scholarship/grants by completing the FAFSA.
- Males must register for Selective Service at age 18.
- Proficient or advanced scores on the Algebra I EOC or higher level DESE approved end of course exam in mathematics.
The A+ School Program's student financial incentive will be available for up to two years of attendance during the four-year period after graduation from high school. To maintain eligibility, participants must:
- Attend a Missouri public community college or vocational/technical schools, and
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.